I’d like to see Senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Mike Lee, R-Utah, call a truce and start working together, building a bridge between the Republicans that surrender and those that commit political suicide to help create a smart solutions coalition. Part of the reason we have Obamacare is because Republicans could never come together on a sensible free-market solution of their own to the healthcare issue, leaving a vacuum for the united liberal Democrats to step in and fill.
As a tea party Republican, I tend to side more with Sen. Lee, but I also supported Sen. Hatch for the 2012 GOP nomination, along with many other tea party conservatives, largely because we believed his outreach to us to be genuine. We sent both of them back to Washington and we expect them to work together and demonstrate leadership on behalf of Utah and the country as a whole.
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Gov. Gary Herbert's budget hits the mark
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 31
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19
- Letter: No limits 19
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an... 11