I’d like to see Senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Mike Lee, R-Utah, call a truce and start working together, building a bridge between the Republicans that surrender and those that commit political suicide to help create a smart solutions coalition. Part of the reason we have Obamacare is because Republicans could never come together on a sensible free-market solution of their own to the healthcare issue, leaving a vacuum for the united liberal Democrats to step in and fill.
As a tea party Republican, I tend to side more with Sen. Lee, but I also supported Sen. Hatch for the 2012 GOP nomination, along with many other tea party conservatives, largely because we believed his outreach to us to be genuine. We sent both of them back to Washington and we expect them to work together and demonstrate leadership on behalf of Utah and the country as a whole.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22