I’d like to see Senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Mike Lee, R-Utah, call a truce and start working together, building a bridge between the Republicans that surrender and those that commit political suicide to help create a smart solutions coalition. Part of the reason we have Obamacare is because Republicans could never come together on a sensible free-market solution of their own to the healthcare issue, leaving a vacuum for the united liberal Democrats to step in and fill.
As a tea party Republican, I tend to side more with Sen. Lee, but I also supported Sen. Hatch for the 2012 GOP nomination, along with many other tea party conservatives, largely because we believed his outreach to us to be genuine. We sent both of them back to Washington and we expect them to work together and demonstrate leadership on behalf of Utah and the country as a whole.
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9