Dream comes true for Utah's 'short-shorts' dad following international reaction to viral photo
Once their story went viral, many news outlets and national talks shows labeled Scott Dad of the Year, but the Mackintoshes are just grateful to be spreading a positive message throughout the world.
"It's been a blessing that all of these national TV shows have focused on 'modest is hottest' and a father's love for his daughter," Becky said. "She knows that he loves her."
Since posting the picture, the Mackintoshes have received many messages from both parents and teenagers, expressing their gratitude for the uplifting story.
"Most of the comments came from parents," Becky said, "but the ones who touched us the most came from teens and a few adults referring back to when they were teens, saying, 'I wish I had a dad that loved me that much.'"
Such comments have inspired Scott and Becky to pursue their dreams of public speaking and writing a book, both opportunities presented to them after the short-shorts story went viral.
New York Times best-selling author Bridget Cook has reached out and is helping Scott and Becky write their own e-book, "My Husband Wears the Short Shorts in THIS Family." Public speaker Chad Hymas has also worked with the couple to help them prepare for in-person opportunities to share their wisdom. More information about their pursuits can be found on the Life's Short Lessons website.
"We'll share our life lessons. We don't claim to be experts, just sharing our own experiences as parents," Becky said. "We have a sense of humor, but we are also very serious. Yet you have to laugh and roll with things when you are a parent. It can be overwhelming."
While it has all come rather quickly, and as a great surprise to Scott and Becky, who just recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary, they know they can't pass up an opportunity to continue sharing uplifting messages.
"Sometimes I feel like, 'No, I can't do this,'" Becky said. "But then I say I can do this; the world is wanting this."
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Are millennials really the generation we...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7