Dream comes true for Utah's 'short-shorts' dad following international reaction to viral photo
Once their story went viral, many news outlets and national talks shows labeled Scott Dad of the Year, but the Mackintoshes are just grateful to be spreading a positive message throughout the world.
"It's been a blessing that all of these national TV shows have focused on 'modest is hottest' and a father's love for his daughter," Becky said. "She knows that he loves her."
Since posting the picture, the Mackintoshes have received many messages from both parents and teenagers, expressing their gratitude for the uplifting story.
"Most of the comments came from parents," Becky said, "but the ones who touched us the most came from teens and a few adults referring back to when they were teens, saying, 'I wish I had a dad that loved me that much.'"
Such comments have inspired Scott and Becky to pursue their dreams of public speaking and writing a book, both opportunities presented to them after the short-shorts story went viral.
New York Times best-selling author Bridget Cook has reached out and is helping Scott and Becky write their own e-book, "My Husband Wears the Short Shorts in THIS Family." Public speaker Chad Hymas has also worked with the couple to help them prepare for in-person opportunities to share their wisdom. More information about their pursuits can be found on the Life's Short Lessons website.
"We'll share our life lessons. We don't claim to be experts, just sharing our own experiences as parents," Becky said. "We have a sense of humor, but we are also very serious. Yet you have to laugh and roll with things when you are a parent. It can be overwhelming."
While it has all come rather quickly, and as a great surprise to Scott and Becky, who just recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary, they know they can't pass up an opportunity to continue sharing uplifting messages.
"Sometimes I feel like, 'No, I can't do this,'" Becky said. "But then I say I can do this; the world is wanting this."
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- Is the 'friend zone' a bad thing? 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4