Dream comes true for Utah's 'short-shorts' dad following international reaction to viral photo
Once their story went viral, many news outlets and national talks shows labeled Scott Dad of the Year, but the Mackintoshes are just grateful to be spreading a positive message throughout the world.
"It's been a blessing that all of these national TV shows have focused on 'modest is hottest' and a father's love for his daughter," Becky said. "She knows that he loves her."
Since posting the picture, the Mackintoshes have received many messages from both parents and teenagers, expressing their gratitude for the uplifting story.
"Most of the comments came from parents," Becky said, "but the ones who touched us the most came from teens and a few adults referring back to when they were teens, saying, 'I wish I had a dad that loved me that much.'"
Such comments have inspired Scott and Becky to pursue their dreams of public speaking and writing a book, both opportunities presented to them after the short-shorts story went viral.
New York Times best-selling author Bridget Cook has reached out and is helping Scott and Becky write their own e-book, "My Husband Wears the Short Shorts in THIS Family." Public speaker Chad Hymas has also worked with the couple to help them prepare for in-person opportunities to share their wisdom. More information about their pursuits can be found on the Life's Short Lessons website.
"We'll share our life lessons. We don't claim to be experts, just sharing our own experiences as parents," Becky said. "We have a sense of humor, but we are also very serious. Yet you have to laugh and roll with things when you are a parent. It can be overwhelming."
While it has all come rather quickly, and as a great surprise to Scott and Becky, who just recently celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary, they know they can't pass up an opportunity to continue sharing uplifting messages.
"Sometimes I feel like, 'No, I can't do this,'" Becky said. "But then I say I can do this; the world is wanting this."
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Motherhood Matters: For the lonely mothers in...
- ‘Project (Un)Popular’ explores...
- Scammers take more than money when they...
- 45 new locations open to provide free summer...
- Centerville’s July 4th celebration...
- UTubers: LDS family, Peter Hollens create...
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13
- Family searches for answers after... 11
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: How to get happiness... 4
- Scammers take more than money when they... 2
- Erin Stewart: 5 tips for moms to... 2
- Dave Ramsey: Navigating the line... 2