BYU volleyball: Cougar women’s volleyball returns home for WCC play
PROVO – The No. 21 BYU women’s volleyball team returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse to continue conference play this week by taking on Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine on Thursday and Saturday.
The Cougars (17-4, 10-1 WCC) split two conference matches on the road last week, beating Pacific in four sets and losing a heartbreaker to Saint Mary’s in five sets. BYU remains at the top of the West Coast Conference with just one league loss.
On Oct. 31, the Cougars take on Loyola Marymount (11-9, 6-5 WCC) at 7 p.m. MDT. BYU won the first matchup of the season in Los Angeles in five sets. The Cougars have never lost against the Lions, sporting a 7-0 record against them.
BYU next faces Pepperdine (11-8, 5-6 WCC) on Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. MDT in the Smith Fieldhouse. The Cougars beat the Waves in four sets earlier this season in Malibu, Calif. BYU leads the overall series against Pepperdine, 15-8.
The Cougars are ranked in the AVCA Coaches Poll for the fourth consecutive week and the sixth week of the season.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv. Links to live stats for both matches will also be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Preseason viewer's guide: Locals make final...
- USC backup quits, Steve Sarkisian refutes...
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 44
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 37
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33