BYU volleyball: Cougar women’s volleyball returns home for WCC play
PROVO – The No. 21 BYU women’s volleyball team returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse to continue conference play this week by taking on Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine on Thursday and Saturday.
The Cougars (17-4, 10-1 WCC) split two conference matches on the road last week, beating Pacific in four sets and losing a heartbreaker to Saint Mary’s in five sets. BYU remains at the top of the West Coast Conference with just one league loss.
On Oct. 31, the Cougars take on Loyola Marymount (11-9, 6-5 WCC) at 7 p.m. MDT. BYU won the first matchup of the season in Los Angeles in five sets. The Cougars have never lost against the Lions, sporting a 7-0 record against them.
BYU next faces Pepperdine (11-8, 5-6 WCC) on Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. MDT in the Smith Fieldhouse. The Cougars beat the Waves in four sets earlier this season in Malibu, Calif. BYU leads the overall series against Pepperdine, 15-8.
The Cougars are ranked in the AVCA Coaches Poll for the fourth consecutive week and the sixth week of the season.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv. Links to live stats for both matches will also be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- Breaking down the field of this year's NCAA...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 54
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 30