BYU volleyball: Cougar women’s volleyball returns home for WCC play
PROVO – The No. 21 BYU women’s volleyball team returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse to continue conference play this week by taking on Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine on Thursday and Saturday.
The Cougars (17-4, 10-1 WCC) split two conference matches on the road last week, beating Pacific in four sets and losing a heartbreaker to Saint Mary’s in five sets. BYU remains at the top of the West Coast Conference with just one league loss.
On Oct. 31, the Cougars take on Loyola Marymount (11-9, 6-5 WCC) at 7 p.m. MDT. BYU won the first matchup of the season in Los Angeles in five sets. The Cougars have never lost against the Lions, sporting a 7-0 record against them.
BYU next faces Pepperdine (11-8, 5-6 WCC) on Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. MDT in the Smith Fieldhouse. The Cougars beat the Waves in four sets earlier this season in Malibu, Calif. BYU leads the overall series against Pepperdine, 15-8.
The Cougars are ranked in the AVCA Coaches Poll for the fourth consecutive week and the sixth week of the season.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv. Links to live stats for both matches will also be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 17
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 17
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4