BYU volleyball: Cougar women’s volleyball returns home for WCC play
PROVO – The No. 21 BYU women’s volleyball team returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse to continue conference play this week by taking on Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine on Thursday and Saturday.
The Cougars (17-4, 10-1 WCC) split two conference matches on the road last week, beating Pacific in four sets and losing a heartbreaker to Saint Mary’s in five sets. BYU remains at the top of the West Coast Conference with just one league loss.
On Oct. 31, the Cougars take on Loyola Marymount (11-9, 6-5 WCC) at 7 p.m. MDT. BYU won the first matchup of the season in Los Angeles in five sets. The Cougars have never lost against the Lions, sporting a 7-0 record against them.
BYU next faces Pepperdine (11-8, 5-6 WCC) on Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. MDT in the Smith Fieldhouse. The Cougars beat the Waves in four sets earlier this season in Malibu, Calif. BYU leads the overall series against Pepperdine, 15-8.
The Cougars are ranked in the AVCA Coaches Poll for the fourth consecutive week and the sixth week of the season.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv. Links to live stats for both matches will also be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Royce Hinton is the women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball struggles...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by poor...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- BYU coach Dave Rose competing in coaches'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 32
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 17
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the... 12
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 8