SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed early Sunday morning when she was hit by a train, police said.
The woman and a man were reportedly sleeping on the railroad tracks in the area of 600 West when a Union Pacific train pushed them to 1100 West. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, and the man was transported to an area hospital with a broken leg, police said.
Both the man and woman were intoxicated at the time, according to police.
– Benjamin Wood
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 24