SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed early Sunday morning when she was hit by a train, police said.
The woman and a man were reportedly sleeping on the railroad tracks in the area of 600 West when a Union Pacific train pushed them to 1100 West. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, and the man was transported to an area hospital with a broken leg, police said.
Both the man and woman were intoxicated at the time, according to police.
– Benjamin Wood
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- First prison relocation open house... 40
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11