SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed early Sunday morning when she was hit by a train, police said.
The woman and a man were reportedly sleeping on the railroad tracks in the area of 600 West when a Union Pacific train pushed them to 1100 West. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, and the man was transported to an area hospital with a broken leg, police said.
Both the man and woman were intoxicated at the time, according to police.
– Benjamin Wood
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- St. George teen dies, another injured in...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12