SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed early Sunday morning when she was hit by a train, police said.
The woman and a man were reportedly sleeping on the railroad tracks in the area of 600 West when a Union Pacific train pushed them to 1100 West. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, and the man was transported to an area hospital with a broken leg, police said.
Both the man and woman were intoxicated at the time, according to police.
– Benjamin Wood
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15