SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was killed early Sunday morning when she was hit by a train, police said.
The woman and a man were reportedly sleeping on the railroad tracks in the area of 600 West when a Union Pacific train pushed them to 1100 West. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, and the man was transported to an area hospital with a broken leg, police said.
Both the man and woman were intoxicated at the time, according to police.
– Benjamin Wood
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 38
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9