OGDEN — Roughly 30 people were evacuated from their homes Sunday afternoon after a vehicle backed into a natural gas meter and ruptured a gas line, according to Ogden fire officials.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes about 90 minutes after the rupture, according to Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman.
A repair crew from Questar Gas was able to quickly stabilize the gas line, which ruptured near 835 Binford St. and led to the evacuation of 12 homes, Bauman said.
Fire crews remained on the scene with Questar until residents were back in their homes, he said.
By Sunday night, the line was repaired and "restored to normal," Bauman said.
— Benjamin Wood, Nkoyo Iyamba, Emilee Eagar
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 28
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27