PRICE — A man died Saturday night at Castleview Hospital after being struck by a car on Main Street.
Max Richmond Moody, of Price, was crossing Main Street near 900 East about 8:30 p.m. when he was hit by a westbound car, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Moody, 61, was wearing dark clothes and was crossing the street in an area that is not well lit, Barnes said. He was not in a crosswalk, the captain said.
"One other driver said they had to swerve to avoid him earlier," Barnes said.
The driver who struck Moody remained at the scene. Tests showed no signs that the driver was impaired, Barnes said. There was also no evidence that the driver was speeding, he said.
Moody was taken by ambulance to Castleview Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
The State Medical Examiner's Office will perform an autopsy, Barnes said. Investigators believe Moody may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, the captain said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16