PRICE — A man died Saturday night at Castleview Hospital after being struck by a car on Main Street.
Max Richmond Moody, of Price, was crossing Main Street near 900 East about 8:30 p.m. when he was hit by a westbound car, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Moody, 61, was wearing dark clothes and was crossing the street in an area that is not well lit, Barnes said. He was not in a crosswalk, the captain said.
"One other driver said they had to swerve to avoid him earlier," Barnes said.
The driver who struck Moody remained at the scene. Tests showed no signs that the driver was impaired, Barnes said. There was also no evidence that the driver was speeding, he said.
Moody was taken by ambulance to Castleview Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
The State Medical Examiner's Office will perform an autopsy, Barnes said. Investigators believe Moody may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, the captain said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 35
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 21
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20