PRICE — A man died Saturday night at Castleview Hospital after being struck by a car on Main Street.
Max Richmond Moody, of Price, was crossing Main Street near 900 East about 8:30 p.m. when he was hit by a westbound car, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Moody, 61, was wearing dark clothes and was crossing the street in an area that is not well lit, Barnes said. He was not in a crosswalk, the captain said.
"One other driver said they had to swerve to avoid him earlier," Barnes said.
The driver who struck Moody remained at the scene. Tests showed no signs that the driver was impaired, Barnes said. There was also no evidence that the driver was speeding, he said.
Moody was taken by ambulance to Castleview Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
The State Medical Examiner's Office will perform an autopsy, Barnes said. Investigators believe Moody may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, the captain said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15