PRICE — A man died Saturday night at Castleview Hospital after being struck by a car on Main Street.
Max Richmond Moody, of Price, was crossing Main Street near 900 East about 8:30 p.m. when he was hit by a westbound car, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Moody, 61, was wearing dark clothes and was crossing the street in an area that is not well lit, Barnes said. He was not in a crosswalk, the captain said.
"One other driver said they had to swerve to avoid him earlier," Barnes said.
The driver who struck Moody remained at the scene. Tests showed no signs that the driver was impaired, Barnes said. There was also no evidence that the driver was speeding, he said.
Moody was taken by ambulance to Castleview Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
The State Medical Examiner's Office will perform an autopsy, Barnes said. Investigators believe Moody may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, the captain said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 27
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 26
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 22
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 20
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18