PRICE — A man died Saturday night at Castleview Hospital after being struck by a car on Main Street.
Max Richmond Moody, of Price, was crossing Main Street near 900 East about 8:30 p.m. when he was hit by a westbound car, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
Moody, 61, was wearing dark clothes and was crossing the street in an area that is not well lit, Barnes said. He was not in a crosswalk, the captain said.
"One other driver said they had to swerve to avoid him earlier," Barnes said.
The driver who struck Moody remained at the scene. Tests showed no signs that the driver was impaired, Barnes said. There was also no evidence that the driver was speeding, he said.
Moody was taken by ambulance to Castleview Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
The State Medical Examiner's Office will perform an autopsy, Barnes said. Investigators believe Moody may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, the captain said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11