I was stunned to see Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, say Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, needs to "rehabilitate" himself because of the government shutdown. I have always thought Sen. Hatch was a respectable and good Senator, but now I see him for who has has really become.
He thinks Sen. Lee should have used a different approach to stop Obamacare. I assume it is the approach he has been using for decades in the Senate to pass a balanced budget amendment. Well, his approach of cultivating friendships and compromise for decades has gotten us where we are now with $17 trillion in debt and an ever expanding and intrusive government. I would bet 99.9% of Utah voters don't even know Sen. Hatch wants a balanced budget amendment.
I applaud Sen Mike Lee for taking a courageous and public stand against a destructive law and not worrying about what the Washington culture thinks of him. Sen Hatch should remove the beam in his own eye first so he can see clearly.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23