I was stunned to see Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, say Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, needs to "rehabilitate" himself because of the government shutdown. I have always thought Sen. Hatch was a respectable and good Senator, but now I see him for who has has really become.
He thinks Sen. Lee should have used a different approach to stop Obamacare. I assume it is the approach he has been using for decades in the Senate to pass a balanced budget amendment. Well, his approach of cultivating friendships and compromise for decades has gotten us where we are now with $17 trillion in debt and an ever expanding and intrusive government. I would bet 99.9% of Utah voters don't even know Sen. Hatch wants a balanced budget amendment.
I applaud Sen Mike Lee for taking a courageous and public stand against a destructive law and not worrying about what the Washington culture thinks of him. Sen Hatch should remove the beam in his own eye first so he can see clearly.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 54
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 28
- My view: What message does Melania's... 24