I was stunned to see Senator Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, say Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, needs to "rehabilitate" himself because of the government shutdown. I have always thought Sen. Hatch was a respectable and good Senator, but now I see him for who has has really become.
He thinks Sen. Lee should have used a different approach to stop Obamacare. I assume it is the approach he has been using for decades in the Senate to pass a balanced budget amendment. Well, his approach of cultivating friendships and compromise for decades has gotten us where we are now with $17 trillion in debt and an ever expanding and intrusive government. I would bet 99.9% of Utah voters don't even know Sen. Hatch wants a balanced budget amendment.
I applaud Sen Mike Lee for taking a courageous and public stand against a destructive law and not worrying about what the Washington culture thinks of him. Sen Hatch should remove the beam in his own eye first so he can see clearly.
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy
- Letter: Metal detectors
- George F. Will: The Great War: the hinge of...
- My View: High-risk pools: the life jacket...
- Richard Davis: Brexit wasn’t really...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 21
- Letter: Supporting teachers 21