High school football: Pleasant Grove battles back to beat Herriman 42-41 in shootout
Hamilton said, "Our defense stepped up tonight and had a tough game to play. Herriman is a huge fast and elusive team. We had to play catchup most of the game. But we have earned a share of the championship, and I'm proud of our kids."
The Vikings had 31 carries for 146 yards of rushing and 16-of-33 passing for 201 yards, totaling 347 yards of offense. Herriman had 46 carries for 224 yards and 7-of-18 passing for 134 yards, totaling 358 yards of offense.
Brandon Farmer had 21 carries for 107 yards for one touchdown and one punt return for a touchdown. Hamilton said, "I think he is the best football player in the state."
Herriman, Riverton, Lone Peak and Pleasant Grove each have a 4-2 record in Region 4. American Fork finished its region play last week with a loss to Pleasant Grove and has a 3-3 region record. Lehi has 2-4 record and Westlake has a 0-6 record.
Kent Allen lives in Pleasant Grove and reports on Pleasant Grove High School varsity sports for Deseret Connect.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34