Commentary: Best, worst-case scenarios for BYU, Utah and USU basketball
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Editors note: These are not predictions — they’re exaggerated and fictional scenarios.
As a new college basketball season dawns, BYU, Utah and USU fans dream of what their teams could accomplish in 2013-14. These fans hope to see their team dominate in conference, win against in-state rivals and make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Of course, dreams don't always come true. Sometimes, seasons turn out to be complete nightmares. Take BYU's 1-25 season in 1996-97 as a perfect example of how bad things can be.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 152
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 62
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19