Commentary: Best, worst-case scenarios for BYU, Utah and USU basketball
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Editors note: These are not predictions — they’re exaggerated and fictional scenarios.
As a new college basketball season dawns, BYU, Utah and USU fans dream of what their teams could accomplish in 2013-14. These fans hope to see their team dominate in conference, win against in-state rivals and make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Of course, dreams don't always come true. Sometimes, seasons turn out to be complete nightmares. Take BYU's 1-25 season in 1996-97 as a perfect example of how bad things can be.
Lafe Peavler is a sportswriter intern at the Deseret News.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45