Steven Kapp Perry: Attention all gospel doctrine teachers! New OT resource for 2014
What was temple worship like in Old and New Testament times? What ancient symbolism might be enlightening to us as we worship in Latter-day temples? The 2013 Sidney B. Sperry Symposium taking place this Saturday on the BYU Provo campus addresses these and many other aspects of "The Mountain of the Lord" in ancient times. And if you can't attend, the book containing nearly all of the presentations has just been published.
In this audio interview, Jeffrey Chadwick of the BYU Jerusalem Center and the Department of Religious Education at BYU shares the history and purpose of the symposium, gives some passionate advice to gospel doctrine teachers everywhere, and lays out a preview of his own presentation at the upcoming gathering — "The Great Jerusalem Temple Prophecy." The symposium begins at 9 a.m. in the Joseph Smith building on the Provo campus and it's completely free. Click here for symposium details online.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9