Steven Kapp Perry: Attention all gospel doctrine teachers! New OT resource for 2014
What was temple worship like in Old and New Testament times? What ancient symbolism might be enlightening to us as we worship in Latter-day temples? The 2013 Sidney B. Sperry Symposium taking place this Saturday on the BYU Provo campus addresses these and many other aspects of "The Mountain of the Lord" in ancient times. And if you can't attend, the book containing nearly all of the presentations has just been published.
In this audio interview, Jeffrey Chadwick of the BYU Jerusalem Center and the Department of Religious Education at BYU shares the history and purpose of the symposium, gives some passionate advice to gospel doctrine teachers everywhere, and lays out a preview of his own presentation at the upcoming gathering — "The Great Jerusalem Temple Prophecy." The symposium begins at 9 a.m. in the Joseph Smith building on the Provo campus and it's completely free. Click here for symposium details online.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5