Steven Kapp Perry: Attention all gospel doctrine teachers! New OT resource for 2014
What was temple worship like in Old and New Testament times? What ancient symbolism might be enlightening to us as we worship in Latter-day temples? The 2013 Sidney B. Sperry Symposium taking place this Saturday on the BYU Provo campus addresses these and many other aspects of "The Mountain of the Lord" in ancient times. And if you can't attend, the book containing nearly all of the presentations has just been published.
In this audio interview, Jeffrey Chadwick of the BYU Jerusalem Center and the Department of Religious Education at BYU shares the history and purpose of the symposium, gives some passionate advice to gospel doctrine teachers everywhere, and lays out a preview of his own presentation at the upcoming gathering — "The Great Jerusalem Temple Prophecy." The symposium begins at 9 a.m. in the Joseph Smith building on the Provo campus and it's completely free. Click here for symposium details online.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- Utah chaplains serve 'God, country and fellow...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 57
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 14
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 9
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 9