Steven Kapp Perry: Attention all gospel doctrine teachers! New OT resource for 2014
What was temple worship like in Old and New Testament times? What ancient symbolism might be enlightening to us as we worship in Latter-day temples? The 2013 Sidney B. Sperry Symposium taking place this Saturday on the BYU Provo campus addresses these and many other aspects of "The Mountain of the Lord" in ancient times. And if you can't attend, the book containing nearly all of the presentations has just been published.
In this audio interview, Jeffrey Chadwick of the BYU Jerusalem Center and the Department of Religious Education at BYU shares the history and purpose of the symposium, gives some passionate advice to gospel doctrine teachers everywhere, and lays out a preview of his own presentation at the upcoming gathering — "The Great Jerusalem Temple Prophecy." The symposium begins at 9 a.m. in the Joseph Smith building on the Provo campus and it's completely free. Click here for symposium details online.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7