16 frightening financial facts you didn't know about halloween
Nam Y. Huh, Associated Press
Editor's note: This list originally ran on the personal finance blog Len Penzo dot com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
I love Halloween. It’s one of my favorite holidays — and based upon its mass appeal, apparently I’m not alone.
In fact, even though the wicked economy continues to put a scare into most people, when it comes to celebrating what was originally known as All Hallows’ Eve, spirits remain high.
So just how hot is Halloween? Well, it’s so popular that it’s downright spooky.
To prove it, here are a few bone-chilling financial facts from the National Retail Federation — along with some other horrendous Halloween trivia I dug up — that I bet you’ve all been dying to know:
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- How do Americans use their time? 1