16 frightening financial facts you didn't know about halloween
Nam Y. Huh, Associated Press
Editor's note: This list originally ran on the personal finance blog Len Penzo dot com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
I love Halloween. It’s one of my favorite holidays — and based upon its mass appeal, apparently I’m not alone.
In fact, even though the wicked economy continues to put a scare into most people, when it comes to celebrating what was originally known as All Hallows’ Eve, spirits remain high.
So just how hot is Halloween? Well, it’s so popular that it’s downright spooky.
To prove it, here are a few bone-chilling financial facts from the National Retail Federation — along with some other horrendous Halloween trivia I dug up — that I bet you’ve all been dying to know:
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- All aboard: How to win the budget battle with...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- How to eat on just $4 a day 10
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Religious companies can now opt out of... 8
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4