New charges against ex-teacher accused of exploiting children
OGDEN — New charges were filed Wednesday against a former school teacher and Boy Scout leader as he made his first appearance in court on multiple charges of child pornography.
Kenneth William Prince, 61, was charged Wednesday in Ogden's 2nd District Court with two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony.
A man, now 42, told police he was sexually abused by Prince on multiple occasions when he was between 12 and 17 years old. At the time, Prince was "in a position of trust" over the victim, according to charging documents. Prosecutors did not elaborate about what the position of trust was.
Prince appeared in court Wednesday to face five counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.
Prince taught at South Ogden Junior High School from 1979 until 2008. He retired at the end of the 2008 school year, just a month after being arrested by Salt Lake police when members of the vice squad found him committing a lewd act at a gym, according to a police report. He pleaded guilty to committing an obscene act and the case was dismissed in 2010 as part of his plea in abeyance.
The investigation into Prince started earlier this year when a man reported that he had been molested by Prince more than a decade ago. A subsequent search of Prince's home by police uncovered a laptop with sexually explicit photos of young boys, according to police.
After Prince was arrested in September, he posted bail and allegedly tried to commit suicide. He was hospitalized for ingesting mercury. Last week, he was charged with reckless endangerment and psychotoxic abuse, both misdemeanors, in Logan District Court.
His wife filed for divorce on Oct. 9, according to court records.
Prince was arrested again on the sex abuse allegations on Monday. He remained free Wednesday after posting bail again.
At least eight other potential victims contacted police following his first arrest, police said. South Ogden investigators believe there may be additional victims and are encouraging others to call 801-629-8221 if they are a victim or know of a possible victim.
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Report: Communication breakdowns contributed...
- Heavy ski traffic highlights need for better...
- Sharing stories is how to best leave a...
- Feds arrest 82 undocumented immigrants with...
- Recent missionary killed after carjacking was...
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 48
- Recent missionary killed after... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15