SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old man shot earlier this month has died from his injuries.
Christian Arenas died Wednesday afternoon. Arenas and a 20-year-old man were sitting in a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, just before 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 13, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model sport utility vehicle.
Words were exchanged between both parties before shots were fired from the SUV into the other vehicle.
Arenas was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition. The other man was in stable condition.
Homicide detectives had not identified any suspects as of Wednesday and no arrests had been made.
At the time of his death, Arenas was charged in 3rd District Court with several felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges, including distribution, as well as possession of a firearm by a restricted person. He was due back in court on Nov. 8.
Another felony drug distribution case from 2012 was eventually dismissed, according to court records. Likewise, misdemeanor assault and domestic violence charges from June were also dismissed.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 75
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 20