SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old man shot earlier this month has died from his injuries.
Christian Arenas died Wednesday afternoon. Arenas and a 20-year-old man were sitting in a car at 405 N. Pamela Way, near Cottonwood Park, just before 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 13, when two unidentified men drove up in a dark green, older-model sport utility vehicle.
Words were exchanged between both parties before shots were fired from the SUV into the other vehicle.
Arenas was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition. The other man was in stable condition.
Homicide detectives had not identified any suspects as of Wednesday and no arrests had been made.
At the time of his death, Arenas was charged in 3rd District Court with several felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges, including distribution, as well as possession of a firearm by a restricted person. He was due back in court on Nov. 8.
Another felony drug distribution case from 2012 was eventually dismissed, according to court records. Likewise, misdemeanor assault and domestic violence charges from June were also dismissed.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call police at 801-799-3000.
— Pat Reavy
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18