SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Brent H. Bartholomew to fill a vacancy on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench.
"Brent brings extensive experience as a child welfare law specialist and will provide a solid foundation helping Utah families," Herbert said. "Having dedicated his legal career to working in the juvenile court system, I'm honored to appoint him to serve on the 4th District Juvenile Court bench."
"I am both humbled and excited at being appointed by the governor," Bartholomew said in a prepared statement. "I will do all in my power to help those appearing before me feel they are treated with courtesy, fairness, and civility. My hope is that following their juvenile court experience, youth and families will be empowered to meet life's challenges more effectively."
Bartholomew has been an attorney at the Office of Guardian ad Litem, 4th District, since 1997. He previously was an attorney with Utah Legal Services and an adjunct assistant professor at BYU. He is certified as a child welfare law specialist by the National Association of Counsel for Children. Recently, he was selected Outstanding Mentor of the year by the Utah State Bar.
Bartholomew passed the Utah State Bar in 1984 after receiving his Juris Doctor from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU. He also received a master's degree in business administration and bachelor's degree in psychology from BYU.
The 4th District serves Utah, Wasatch, Juab and Willard. Judicial appointments are subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Vehicle hits, kills man assessing his crashed...
- UTA hikes fees for public records
- Cedar City man sent to prison for aiding in...
- ACLU skirmishes with local genetic testing...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 107
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 19
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8