SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Environmental Quality has announced the launch of a new online tool to assist local and national businesses in Utah’s environmental permitting process.
The new information tool, called the Permit Wizard, is designed to help companies and individuals involved in activities regulated by the department determine what permits, registrations and authorizations may be needed for a specific project or business development.
“Businesses are continuously faced with a growing number of complex regulations that can be difficult to track,” said Brent Everett, director of the Division of Environmental Response and Remediation. “The Permit Wizard is a tool that will not only help businesses navigate the environmental permitting process, but also allow the DEQ to better serve Utah’s business community by improving efficiencies across all our processes.”
The tool operates much like the department's current Pre-Design Meeting, which involves permitting representatives and is offered for businesses seeking all applicable environmental permits.
A permit application can take between 21 and 180 days or more. The Permit Wizard aims to reduce the amount of time and need for in-person meetings and ultimately condense permitting process times. The Permit Wizard offers step-by-step guidance for users unsure of what permits, licenses and certifications might be needed for their specific projects.
The Permit Wizard is available online at permitwizard.deq.utah.gov.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10