PROVO — Provo City School District is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy on the district’s board of education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position as representative of District Three due to family relocation for work. His resignation is effective no later than Dec. 31.
Applications will be accepted in the superintendent’s office through Friday, Nov. 8 at noon. The process for filling this vacancy will include applications from interested and qualified people, interviews by the board, and appointment no later than Dec. 10.
A meeting of the board of directors will be held Nov. 11 to review applications and recommend candidates for an interview.
Checketts’ current term was to run for approximately three more years. According to state law, the position will be open for re-election in November 2014.
Applicants must be a resident and registered voter of District Three within Provo City School District, and be a U.S. citizen. District Three covers the neighborhoods serving students of Wasatch Elementary School. For specific boundary information or to obtain an application, contact Caleb Price, 801-374-4865.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Former A.G. John Swallow left office with...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 86
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18