PROVO — Provo City School District is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy on the district’s board of education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position as representative of District Three due to family relocation for work. His resignation is effective no later than Dec. 31.
Applications will be accepted in the superintendent’s office through Friday, Nov. 8 at noon. The process for filling this vacancy will include applications from interested and qualified people, interviews by the board, and appointment no later than Dec. 10.
A meeting of the board of directors will be held Nov. 11 to review applications and recommend candidates for an interview.
Checketts’ current term was to run for approximately three more years. According to state law, the position will be open for re-election in November 2014.
Applicants must be a resident and registered voter of District Three within Provo City School District, and be a U.S. citizen. District Three covers the neighborhoods serving students of Wasatch Elementary School. For specific boundary information or to obtain an application, contact Caleb Price, 801-374-4865.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26