PROVO — Provo City School District is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy on the district’s board of education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position as representative of District Three due to family relocation for work. His resignation is effective no later than Dec. 31.
Applications will be accepted in the superintendent’s office through Friday, Nov. 8 at noon. The process for filling this vacancy will include applications from interested and qualified people, interviews by the board, and appointment no later than Dec. 10.
A meeting of the board of directors will be held Nov. 11 to review applications and recommend candidates for an interview.
Checketts’ current term was to run for approximately three more years. According to state law, the position will be open for re-election in November 2014.
Applicants must be a resident and registered voter of District Three within Provo City School District, and be a U.S. citizen. District Three covers the neighborhoods serving students of Wasatch Elementary School. For specific boundary information or to obtain an application, contact Caleb Price, 801-374-4865.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13