PROVO — Provo City School District is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy on the district’s board of education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position as representative of District Three due to family relocation for work. His resignation is effective no later than Dec. 31.
Applications will be accepted in the superintendent’s office through Friday, Nov. 8 at noon. The process for filling this vacancy will include applications from interested and qualified people, interviews by the board, and appointment no later than Dec. 10.
A meeting of the board of directors will be held Nov. 11 to review applications and recommend candidates for an interview.
Checketts’ current term was to run for approximately three more years. According to state law, the position will be open for re-election in November 2014.
Applicants must be a resident and registered voter of District Three within Provo City School District, and be a U.S. citizen. District Three covers the neighborhoods serving students of Wasatch Elementary School. For specific boundary information or to obtain an application, contact Caleb Price, 801-374-4865.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15