PROVO — Provo City School District is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy on the district’s board of education created by the resignation of Vance Checketts.
Checketts, a board member since November 2012, resigned his position as representative of District Three due to family relocation for work. His resignation is effective no later than Dec. 31.
Applications will be accepted in the superintendent’s office through Friday, Nov. 8 at noon. The process for filling this vacancy will include applications from interested and qualified people, interviews by the board, and appointment no later than Dec. 10.
A meeting of the board of directors will be held Nov. 11 to review applications and recommend candidates for an interview.
Checketts’ current term was to run for approximately three more years. According to state law, the position will be open for re-election in November 2014.
Applicants must be a resident and registered voter of District Three within Provo City School District, and be a U.S. citizen. District Three covers the neighborhoods serving students of Wasatch Elementary School. For specific boundary information or to obtain an application, contact Caleb Price, 801-374-4865.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11