Report card: Utah Jazz lose preseason battle against L.A. Lakers
Chris Carlson, AP
The Utah Jazz fell to the L.A. Lakers 108-94 on Tuesday night at the Staples Center. Despite a 9-0 run to start the game, the Jazz allowed the Lakers to exploit every visible weakness in their game plan in Tuesday's loss.
The Jazz looked fresh and upbeat as they scored several points in transition to start the game, and they held strong throughout the first quarter, capturing a 26-18 lead. That lead quickly diminished as the Lakers outscored the Jazz 33-19 in the second quarter and maintained the lead throughout the rest of the game.
Despite strong efforts from Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks, the Jazz lacked in half-court offensive execution and shot poorly from the free-throw line. Ultimately, this game came down to experience, and the Jazz were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached.
Bobby Macey is a social media guru and marketing/PR specialist by day. By night, he's a writer for Deseretnews.com covering the Utah Jazz. Follow him on Twitter @Bobmacey and @utjazznation
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37