Report card: Utah Jazz lose preseason battle against L.A. Lakers
Chris Carlson, AP
The Utah Jazz fell to the L.A. Lakers 108-94 on Tuesday night at the Staples Center. Despite a 9-0 run to start the game, the Jazz allowed the Lakers to exploit every visible weakness in their game plan in Tuesday's loss.
The Jazz looked fresh and upbeat as they scored several points in transition to start the game, and they held strong throughout the first quarter, capturing a 26-18 lead. That lead quickly diminished as the Lakers outscored the Jazz 33-19 in the second quarter and maintained the lead throughout the rest of the game.
Despite strong efforts from Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks, the Jazz lacked in half-court offensive execution and shot poorly from the free-throw line. Ultimately, this game came down to experience, and the Jazz were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached.
Bobby Macey is a social media guru and marketing/PR specialist by day. By night, he's a writer for Deseretnews.com covering the Utah Jazz. Follow him on Twitter @Bobmacey and @utjazznation
- BYU's Mendenhall not surprised Petersen left...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new...
- High school basketball: Friday's prep roundup
- Dick Harmon: Can Dave Rose's Cougars regroup...
- Ute standout Bronzell Miller dies at 42
- Utah Jazz: Millslammed! Former Jazz players,...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin didn't...
- BYU faces No. 13 Oregon — another...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new... 108
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 43
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all... 32
- Utah basketball: Utes top Texas State,... 32
- BYU football: Cougars return to... 31
- Local college football: Cougars, Utes... 30
- BYU basketball: Cougars moving on after... 27
- Dick Harmon: Duane Hardy, Dave Rose... 22