More allegations surface against former teacher, Boy Scout leader
SOUTH OGDEN — A former schoolteacher and Boy Scout leader already facing multiple charges of child pornography has been arrested again.
On Monday, South Ogden police arrested Kenneth William Prince, 61, for investigation of two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and booked him into the Weber County Jail. Prince has since posted bail and was released.
On Sept. 26, Prince was charged in Ogden's 2nd District Court with five counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, all second-degree felonies.
After he was arrested and posted bail, Prince was hospitalized for ingesting mercury in an apparent suicide attempt. Last week, he was charged with reckless endangerment and psychotoxic abuse, both misdemeanors, in Logan District Court.
His wife filed for divorce on Oct. 9, according to court records.
The alleged abuse that lead to Prince's latest arrest happened several years ago, according to police.
At least eight other potential victims contacted police after his first arrest. South Ogden investigators believe there are additional victims and are encouraging others to call 801-629-8221 if they are a victim or know of a possible victim.
The investigation came to light after a man reported to police he had been molested by Prince more than a decade ago. A subsequent search of Prince's home by police uncovered a laptop with sexually explicit photos of young boys.
Prince taught at South Ogden Junior High School from 1979 until 2008. He retired at the end of the 2008 school year, just a month after being arrested by Salt Lake City police when members of the vice squad found him committing a lewd act at a gym, according to a Salt Lake police report.
Prince pleaded guilty to committing an obscene act, and the case was dismissed in 2010 as part of his plea in abeyance.
Prince was also a longtime Scout leader in the South Ogden area, according to police.
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Police: Panhandler pulls woman from car after...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18