Suspected drive-by shooting sends bullets into Kearns home
KEARNS — Police were investigating a suspected drive-by shooting in a Kearns neighborhood Monday night.
The shots were reportedly directed at a home near 4860 West and 4985 South, piercing the front of the house, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. No one was injured in the shooting.
A Unified officer was nearby when the shots were fired shortly after 6 p.m. and observed a silver Mustang speeding away from the area, Hoyal said. The officer stopped the Mustang nearby, located a rifle in the vehicle and took the five people in the car into custody for questioning.
The investigation is ongoing, and police could not speak to a motive behind the shooting Monday, Hoyal said. Officers are not looking for other suspects.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17