Suspected drive-by shooting sends bullets into Kearns home
KEARNS — Police were investigating a suspected drive-by shooting in a Kearns neighborhood Monday night.
The shots were reportedly directed at a home near 4860 West and 4985 South, piercing the front of the house, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. No one was injured in the shooting.
A Unified officer was nearby when the shots were fired shortly after 6 p.m. and observed a silver Mustang speeding away from the area, Hoyal said. The officer stopped the Mustang nearby, located a rifle in the vehicle and took the five people in the car into custody for questioning.
The investigation is ongoing, and police could not speak to a motive behind the shooting Monday, Hoyal said. Officers are not looking for other suspects.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17