Suspected drive-by shooting sends bullets into Kearns home
KEARNS — Police were investigating a suspected drive-by shooting in a Kearns neighborhood Monday night.
The shots were reportedly directed at a home near 4860 West and 4985 South, piercing the front of the house, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. No one was injured in the shooting.
A Unified officer was nearby when the shots were fired shortly after 6 p.m. and observed a silver Mustang speeding away from the area, Hoyal said. The officer stopped the Mustang nearby, located a rifle in the vehicle and took the five people in the car into custody for questioning.
The investigation is ongoing, and police could not speak to a motive behind the shooting Monday, Hoyal said. Officers are not looking for other suspects.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20