Suspected drive-by shooting sends bullets into Kearns home
KEARNS — Police were investigating a suspected drive-by shooting in a Kearns neighborhood Monday night.
The shots were reportedly directed at a home near 4860 West and 4985 South, piercing the front of the house, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. No one was injured in the shooting.
A Unified officer was nearby when the shots were fired shortly after 6 p.m. and observed a silver Mustang speeding away from the area, Hoyal said. The officer stopped the Mustang nearby, located a rifle in the vehicle and took the five people in the car into custody for questioning.
The investigation is ongoing, and police could not speak to a motive behind the shooting Monday, Hoyal said. Officers are not looking for other suspects.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14