Suspected drive-by shooting sends bullets into Kearns home
KEARNS — Police were investigating a suspected drive-by shooting in a Kearns neighborhood Monday night.
The shots were reportedly directed at a home near 4860 West and 4985 South, piercing the front of the house, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. No one was injured in the shooting.
A Unified officer was nearby when the shots were fired shortly after 6 p.m. and observed a silver Mustang speeding away from the area, Hoyal said. The officer stopped the Mustang nearby, located a rifle in the vehicle and took the five people in the car into custody for questioning.
The investigation is ongoing, and police could not speak to a motive behind the shooting Monday, Hoyal said. Officers are not looking for other suspects.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19