LOS ANGELES — Injuries continue to make lineup rotations somewhat of a guessing game for the Utah Jazz.
Four players won’t be available for tonight’s game against the Lakers because of injuries. That sidelined group includes Marvin Williams (Achilles), Brandon Rush (knee), Jeremy Evans (rotator cuff) and Trey Burke (finger surgery).
Rookie center Rudy Gobert was only able to participate in part of Tuesday’s practice because of his shoulder injury. Roster hopefuls Scott Machado (abdominal contusion) and Mike Harris (ankle) will also be game-time decisions tonight at Staples Center.
WORRIED YET?: Veteran Richard Jefferson smiled when asked if the team’s offensive struggles are taking a toll on the team’s outlook.
“Not a chance,” he said.
Jefferson, entering his 13th season, said he’s seen 8-0 preseason teams flop in the regular season and 0-8 squads fare well.
“It’s the preseason,” he said. “You can’t put too much stock in the wins or the losses.”
LAKER LAND: New Clippers coach Doc Rivers caused a stir in Tinsel Town recently when he made it known that Laker banners would be covered when Kobe Bryant’s team sits on the visitors’ end of Staples Center in the cross-building battle.
That same concept doesn’t apply this week to the Lakers’ practice facility, where the Jazz are working out during this three-game trip.
The interior of the Lakers’ Toyota Center is a bright yellow, with a wide variety of championship banners draped on the walls.
“Yeah, it’s weird,” Jazz small forward Gordon Hayward said, grinning. “They’ve got a lot of stuff up.”
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21