“This is a $400-plus million mistake at the taxpayers' expense,” Hatch said. “It’s an embarrassment, and frankly is all the more reason why this flawed law should be permanently delayed.”
The launch of the Affordable Care Act, he said, has been “nothing short of a disaster that’s rightly earned the derision of comedians and late-night talk show hosts and the anger and frustration of the American people.”
Bennett said his solution of using the incognito mode, deleting cookies and clearing the cache isn't necessarily information the public should have to know. It was "a thing that I happened to figure out because I do other nerdy things."
“If you ever see that white screen, this is going to solve the problem — period,” Bennett said. “As far as I can tell, there’s some issues with the cookies. Those cookies have some sort of malformed information that either was put on my computer when I signed up or somewhere along the line.”
Serr said the Utah Health Policy Project, which oversees Take Care Utah, has had more than 70 phone calls about the Affordable Care Act since the website launched. Roughly half of the questions have been about the website and the glitches, he said, while the other half have been about policy qualifications and costs.
“We don’t expect people to know what the difference between the browsers are and what the cookies are, nor do we expect them to know what a premium or deductible is," Serr said. "But that’s our job. We’re supposed to walk them through this.”
So far, there are no reported numbers for how many Utahns have signed up at HealthCare.gov, but an estimated 300,000 Utahns will qualify, said Jason Stevenson, education and communications director for the Utah Health Policy Project. A better estimate is expected by mid-November, Stevenson said.
According to the Obama administration, about 500,000 people have taken the first steps in the enrollment process, with the number of people who complete the process to be released next month.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15