Deputy charged with having sexual relationships with 3 inmates
ST. GEORGE — A former Washington County corrections deputy was charged Monday with sexual misconduct with three female inmates.
Steven Garrett Thayer, 27, was charged with custodial sexual relations, a third-degree felony, and seven counts of custodial sexual misconduct, a class A misdemeanor.
Two female inmates at Washington County's Purgatory Jail told police they had sexual interactions with Thayer on several occasions, according to an affidavit filed in 5th District Court.
When police interviewed Thayer, he admitted to some of the sexual misconduct, and told investigators about a sexual relationship with a third female inmate, the affidavit states.
Police arrested Thayer Oct. 15, the same day the Washington County Sheriff's Office announced that Thayer had been fired.
Sheriff's spokesman Nate Abbott confirmed at the time that an internal investigation by the sheriff's office has concluded. The Washington County Attorney's Office is conducting a criminal investigation.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9