Researching Family History: Ways to celebrate Genealogy Month this October (+video)
The personal approach to doing this work is essential. It is necessary to have a positive attitude about the work in order to succeed. Too many people have the idea that genealogy work is too difficult to do. In recent years, a lot of the “headache” has been taken out of the work by the digitizing and posting of documents for anyone and everyone. However, do not think that the efficiency of it has increased to the point that we are free from our own responsibility of finding our own ancestors. Genealogy can actually be fun and rewarding. You will learn to enjoy this labor love.
The Family Tree research and preservation system through lds.org has helped to accelerate this great and noble work. Really, it is a sacred work. By doing it, we help those who have gone before us to do some things which help themselves, even for non-members of the LDS Church.
Remember, for Joshua and the children of Israel freed from Pharaoh's grasp, it took a lot of marching around the city before the walls of Jericho fell (see Joshua 6). Remember that Joshua could not do the will of the Lord till he called upon the Lord. It took spiritual work, faith and fasting, which always bring about results in this great and sacred work.
Ways to celebrate Genealogy Month this October
Viral video of two brothers bonding.
This is a preview to a "Genealogy Roadshow" episode. "Genealogy Roadshow" is just one of several shows that focus on doing family history.
"Genealogy Roadshow" is one of the TV shows that has helped raise awareness of family history.
Genealogy graduate Russell Bangerter is president of Ancestral Connections, Inc., at ancestralconnect.com. He is a professional genealogist, author and speaker; and adviser to Treasured Souls to Keep, at treasuredsoulstokeep.com.
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting religious...
- 27 more tips for couples: Marriage advice,...
- 6 ways youths, leaders can reboot the church...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 112
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 70
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 33
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Faith leaders call for religious... 17
- Utah woman produces her own Book of... 16
- Elder Perry to undergo cancer... 10