Researching Family History: Ways to celebrate Genealogy Month this October (+video)
The personal approach to doing this work is essential. It is necessary to have a positive attitude about the work in order to succeed. Too many people have the idea that genealogy work is too difficult to do. In recent years, a lot of the “headache” has been taken out of the work by the digitizing and posting of documents for anyone and everyone. However, do not think that the efficiency of it has increased to the point that we are free from our own responsibility of finding our own ancestors. Genealogy can actually be fun and rewarding. You will learn to enjoy this labor love.
The Family Tree research and preservation system through lds.org has helped to accelerate this great and noble work. Really, it is a sacred work. By doing it, we help those who have gone before us to do some things which help themselves, even for non-members of the LDS Church.
Remember, for Joshua and the children of Israel freed from Pharaoh's grasp, it took a lot of marching around the city before the walls of Jericho fell (see Joshua 6). Remember that Joshua could not do the will of the Lord till he called upon the Lord. It took spiritual work, faith and fasting, which always bring about results in this great and sacred work.
Ways to celebrate Genealogy Month this October
Viral video of two brothers bonding.
This is a preview to a "Genealogy Roadshow" episode. "Genealogy Roadshow" is just one of several shows that focus on doing family history.
"Genealogy Roadshow" is one of the TV shows that has helped raise awareness of family history.
Genealogy graduate Russell Bangerter is president of Ancestral Connections, Inc., at ancestralconnect.com. He is a professional genealogist, author and speaker; and adviser to Treasured Souls to Keep, at treasuredsoulstokeep.com.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the world's most...
- Positive developments for LDS blacks weighed...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 54
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 46
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 34
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 22
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Leaders close conference by urging... 13