Colts' kicker Pat McAfee selected for drug test following big hit in Sunday's game
With Peyton Manning returning to Indianapolis for the first time since he left the Colts and signed with the Denver Broncos, Sunday night’s game was highly anticipated.
While the game provided much excitement, no one could have predicted it would make Colts’ kicker Pat McAfee a hot topic in the NFL.
Nevertheless, McAfee trended on Twitter and was the buzz among football fans after delivering a huge hit on the Denver Broncos kick returner Trindon Holliday during their matchup on Sunday Night Football.
The enormous hit was one of the biggest ever seen by an NFL kicker, and the hype it caused apparently attracted the NFL. On Monday, McAfee tweeted a picture of a note he received that day, summoning him to a urine-doping test by the NFL’s drug testing program.
The drug test is random, which may cause NFL fans everywhere to raise their eyebrows. Could this be a strange coincidence? Maybe.
But then again, maybe not.
You can follow Mitch Kunzler on Twitter at @MitchKunzler.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 281
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 52
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 30