Matt Gade, Deseret News
The Jazz and Derrick Favors have agreed on a four-year contract extension averaging about $12 million per year.
Thus general manager Dennis Lindsey did himself a few favors (Rock On isn’t above stooping to puns).
The Jazz big man told Utah media: “The main thing I like about Salt Lake City is that it’s peaceful. It’s not loud with a lot of stuff going on. You can go home and get peace of mind. I hope to make this my home and I hope to retire here.’’
Sorry to inform him, but if the Jazz again miss the playoffs, “peace” isn’t likely to be the operative word around here.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28