Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Yet another gun was discovered by Transportation Security Administration screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport over the weekend.
Zackery Gage Ogden, 23, of South Jordan, was arrested Sunday for investigation of a weapons violation after screeners at the airport found a gun in his carry-on bag, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The incident marks the 27th gun seized at the airport this year. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23