Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Yet another gun was discovered by Transportation Security Administration screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport over the weekend.
Zackery Gage Ogden, 23, of South Jordan, was arrested Sunday for investigation of a weapons violation after screeners at the airport found a gun in his carry-on bag, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The incident marks the 27th gun seized at the airport this year. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Top House Democrat not seeking re-election
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 51
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 27
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 23
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23