Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Yet another gun was discovered by Transportation Security Administration screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport over the weekend.
Zackery Gage Ogden, 23, of South Jordan, was arrested Sunday for investigation of a weapons violation after screeners at the airport found a gun in his carry-on bag, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
The incident marks the 27th gun seized at the airport this year. Twenty guns were seized in all of 2012 at Salt Lake City International Airport and 24 at all of Utah's airports combined.
A person convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport can have their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20