Utah Department of Public Safety
CEDAR CITY — A Cedar City woman was killed and two people hospitalized following a rollover accident Sunday night.
The Utah Highway Patrol identified the woman as Sara Oliver, 50.
At about 9:19 p.m. Sunday, a pickup truck pulling two trailers was northbound on I-15. A travel trailer was up front and an old truck bed was connected behind, carrying two 4-wheelers. Mark Oliver, 53, who was driving the truck with two passengers, said he felt the trailers began to move back and forth, according to the UHP.
The driver lost control of the truck when he pressed on the brakes, investigators said. The vehicle drove off the right side of the freeway and rolled over near mile post 49. The three people were pinned in the truck and had to be freed by rescuers.
Sara Oliver died at the scene of the accident, the UHP reported. Mark Oliver was taken by medical helicopter to a hospital in Las Vegas in critical condition. Emma Oliver, 12, was taken by ground crews to a nearby hospital.
The freeway in the area was closed for two hours following the accident.
— Whitney Evans
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Transcript gives glimpse into deadly...
- Truck crash into Deer Creek Reservoir shuts...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Gangs still prevalent in Utah with members as...
- Mark Shurtleff says new report based on 'tall...
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- Hearing for fired West Valley officer delayed...
- U. student government passes resolution... 109
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20