BYU tennis: Sargeant and Goryachkov's run ends in quarterfinals
LAS VEGAS — Doubles team Francis Sargeant and Andrey Goryachkov were eliminated in the quarterfinals as the BYU men's tennis team concluded competition in the USTA/ITA Mountain Region Championships on Saturday.
Second-seeded Sargeant and Goryachkov fell to No. 7 seed Brendan McClain and Garrett Patton of Boise State, 8-5.
"It's remarkable the amount of improvement we saw from the beginning to the end of the tournament," BYU head coach Brad Pearce. "We're looking forward to getting back to work Monday. Everyone has something in which they can improve."
Tournament results can be viewed on the USTA website.
The Cougars compete next at the 57th Southern California Intercollegiate Championships on Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in Los Angeles.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016 football...
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45