Investigators seeking driver of a vehicle suspected to have hit, killed a semi driver
SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a semi-truck that crashed on I-80 on Friday morning has died from injuries sustained when another vehicle likely hit him at the scene.
Mark Hoggard, 53, of Sandy, died at the hospital while Utah Highway Patrol investigators were patching together details found at the scene of the crash.
Officials believe Hoggard exited the truck after the crash and walked behind it, possibly to warn other motorists, and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Hoggard was found in critical condition on the left shoulder of the freeway and was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Evidence at the scene indicates a Geo Metro, model year 1995 to 2001, missing a left mirror, may have been involved in the crash. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is asked to contact Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 89
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 34
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18