Investigators seeking driver of a vehicle suspected to have hit, killed a semi driver
SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a semi-truck that crashed on I-80 on Friday morning has died from injuries sustained when another vehicle likely hit him at the scene.
Mark Hoggard, 53, of Sandy, died at the hospital while Utah Highway Patrol investigators were patching together details found at the scene of the crash.
Officials believe Hoggard exited the truck after the crash and walked behind it, possibly to warn other motorists, and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Hoggard was found in critical condition on the left shoulder of the freeway and was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Evidence at the scene indicates a Geo Metro, model year 1995 to 2001, missing a left mirror, may have been involved in the crash. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is asked to contact Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21