Investigators seeking driver of a vehicle suspected to have hit, killed a semi driver
SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a semi-truck that crashed on I-80 on Friday morning has died from injuries sustained when another vehicle likely hit him at the scene.
Mark Hoggard, 53, of Sandy, died at the hospital while Utah Highway Patrol investigators were patching together details found at the scene of the crash.
Officials believe Hoggard exited the truck after the crash and walked behind it, possibly to warn other motorists, and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Hoggard was found in critical condition on the left shoulder of the freeway and was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Evidence at the scene indicates a Geo Metro, model year 1995 to 2001, missing a left mirror, may have been involved in the crash. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is asked to contact Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27