Investigators seeking driver of a vehicle suspected to have hit, killed a semi driver
SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a semi-truck that crashed on I-80 on Friday morning has died from injuries sustained when another vehicle likely hit him at the scene.
Mark Hoggard, 53, of Sandy, died at the hospital while Utah Highway Patrol investigators were patching together details found at the scene of the crash.
Officials believe Hoggard exited the truck after the crash and walked behind it, possibly to warn other motorists, and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Hoggard was found in critical condition on the left shoulder of the freeway and was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Evidence at the scene indicates a Geo Metro, model year 1995 to 2001, missing a left mirror, may have been involved in the crash. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is asked to contact Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 17