Investigators seeking driver of a vehicle suspected to have hit, killed a semi driver
SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a semi-truck that crashed on I-80 on Friday morning has died from injuries sustained when another vehicle likely hit him at the scene.
Mark Hoggard, 53, of Sandy, died at the hospital while Utah Highway Patrol investigators were patching together details found at the scene of the crash.
Officials believe Hoggard exited the truck after the crash and walked behind it, possibly to warn other motorists, and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. Hoggard was found in critical condition on the left shoulder of the freeway and was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Evidence at the scene indicates a Geo Metro, model year 1995 to 2001, missing a left mirror, may have been involved in the crash. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is asked to contact Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13