Woman dies from injuries sustained in late-night crash
OGDEN — A 20-year-old woman died from injuries sustained in a late-night car accident Friday.
A single wrecked vehicle was discovered by police at about 11:20 p.m. near the Ogden-Hinckley Airport. The woman was trapped inside, needing extrication, and a 24-year-old male driver was found near the car, according to a news release. He was taken to the hospital with a possible broken leg.
Police believe the vehicle left the road after the driver lost control on a nearby curve. It then struck a parked trailer, according to the release. It is believed that in addition to excessive speed, alcohol may have played a part in the crash.
Police did not release the identities of the accident victims Saturday morning.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: wendyleonards
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 34
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15