Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz players hosted a party as a thank you to the families of deployed Utah National Guard members.
Instead of playing basketball, Jazz players John Lucas III, Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams, along with the Jazz Bear and America First Jazz Dancers, hosted about 50 children Friday at a bowling party at Fat Cats, 3739 S. 900 East.
The event was part of the NBA Cares community service initiative, which aims to develop programs that support education, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 20
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16