Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz players hosted a party as a thank you to the families of deployed Utah National Guard members.
Instead of playing basketball, Jazz players John Lucas III, Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams, along with the Jazz Bear and America First Jazz Dancers, hosted about 50 children Friday at a bowling party at Fat Cats, 3739 S. 900 East.
The event was part of the NBA Cares community service initiative, which aims to develop programs that support education, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12