Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz players hosted a party as a thank you to the families of deployed Utah National Guard members.
Instead of playing basketball, Jazz players John Lucas III, Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams, along with the Jazz Bear and America First Jazz Dancers, hosted about 50 children Friday at a bowling party at Fat Cats, 3739 S. 900 East.
The event was part of the NBA Cares community service initiative, which aims to develop programs that support education, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 29
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15