Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz players hosted a party as a thank you to the families of deployed Utah National Guard members.
Instead of playing basketball, Jazz players John Lucas III, Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams, along with the Jazz Bear and America First Jazz Dancers, hosted about 50 children Friday at a bowling party at Fat Cats, 3739 S. 900 East.
The event was part of the NBA Cares community service initiative, which aims to develop programs that support education, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10