Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz players hosted a party as a thank you to the families of deployed Utah National Guard members.
Instead of playing basketball, Jazz players John Lucas III, Richard Jefferson and Marvin Williams, along with the Jazz Bear and America First Jazz Dancers, hosted about 50 children Friday at a bowling party at Fat Cats, 3739 S. 900 East.
The event was part of the NBA Cares community service initiative, which aims to develop programs that support education, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9