Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Hundreds of athletes from all over the state are participating in the 2013 Special Olympics Utah Fall Games.
The two-day event, which started Friday, is taking place at the University of Utah.
The athletes and Unified Sports Partners are competing in four events — basketball, bocce, aquatics and the Motor Activities Training Program.
Approximately 350 volunteers and 250 coaches are on hand to support the athletes.
For more information about the 2013 Fall Games, visit www.sout.org.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12