Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Deseretnews.com, the website of the Deseret News, reached new milestones in September as it continues to expand its reach both inside and outside the state of Utah.
More than 35 million page views were recorded in September on the website and its related mobile apps. That represents a 49 percent year-over-year growth for the month of September. As of Oct. 18, deseretnews.com is the 22nd most viewed newspaper website in the country, ahead of the Dallas Morning News, the Miami Herald and St. Louis Post Dispatch, among others, according to Alexa.com, web analytics company.
In addition, more than 3.3 million unique visitors came to deseretnews.com, via the website and mobile applications, in September.
"We've spent a lot of time and energy in 2013 trying to understand our audience at a significantly deeper level than ever before," said Chris Higbee, general manager of deseretnews.com. “By understanding our audience better, we’re serving them better — and that’s reflected in these numbers.”
The Deseret News, founded in 1850, continues to innovate under the banner of journalism excellence. It has focused its expertise as a watchdog for the family, putting substantial resources toward coverage of education, the poor and less fortunate, faith, media values and financial responsibility.
In 2010 it joined with KSL to create a multi-platform News Division, covering news across print, radio, TV, digital and mobile platforms.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13