Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Deseretnews.com, the website of the Deseret News, reached new milestones in September as it continues to expand its reach both inside and outside the state of Utah.
More than 35 million page views were recorded in September on the website and its related mobile apps. That represents a 49 percent year-over-year growth for the month of September. As of Oct. 18, deseretnews.com is the 22nd most viewed newspaper website in the country, ahead of the Dallas Morning News, the Miami Herald and St. Louis Post Dispatch, among others, according to Alexa.com, web analytics company.
In addition, more than 3.3 million unique visitors came to deseretnews.com, via the website and mobile applications, in September.
"We've spent a lot of time and energy in 2013 trying to understand our audience at a significantly deeper level than ever before," said Chris Higbee, general manager of deseretnews.com. “By understanding our audience better, we’re serving them better — and that’s reflected in these numbers.”
The Deseret News, founded in 1850, continues to innovate under the banner of journalism excellence. It has focused its expertise as a watchdog for the family, putting substantial resources toward coverage of education, the poor and less fortunate, faith, media values and financial responsibility.
In 2010 it joined with KSL to create a multi-platform News Division, covering news across print, radio, TV, digital and mobile platforms.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19