High school football: Timpview earns Region 8 title with blowout win over Wasatch
HEBER CITY — Timpview rolled to a 35-0 road victory over Wasatch on Friday, earning the T'Birds the Region 8 crown.
Timpview (8-1, 5-0 Region 8) came into the game on a six-game winning streak. With Salem Hills losing to Maple Mountain on Friday, it ensured the T'Birds of an outright region championship with one week remaining in the regular season.
As he has done all season, quarterback Britain Covey led the way for Timpview. Covey threw for three touchdowns and added a 96-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
After a scoreless first quarter, Covey hit McKinley Wilson for a 4-yard touchdown pass to get the scoring started. Later in the second, Kainoa Tuua returned a blocked punt 28 yards for a touchdown, and with another Covey TD pass, this one to AJ Frank, the T'Birds went into halftime with a 21-0 lead.
Covey threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Isaiah Holloway in the third quarter before his 96-yard run ended the scoring for the night.
The loss eliminated Wasatch (4-5 2-4), playing its final region game of the season, from playoff contention.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 61
- Amy Donaldson: Recent hearings on rules... 9
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 1
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0
- Ridgeline High School 2016 football... 0
- High school track: Top performances... 0