High school football: Timpview earns Region 8 title with blowout win over Wasatch
HEBER CITY — Timpview rolled to a 35-0 road victory over Wasatch on Friday, earning the T'Birds the Region 8 crown.
Timpview (8-1, 5-0 Region 8) came into the game on a six-game winning streak. With Salem Hills losing to Maple Mountain on Friday, it ensured the T'Birds of an outright region championship with one week remaining in the regular season.
As he has done all season, quarterback Britain Covey led the way for Timpview. Covey threw for three touchdowns and added a 96-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
After a scoreless first quarter, Covey hit McKinley Wilson for a 4-yard touchdown pass to get the scoring started. Later in the second, Kainoa Tuua returned a blocked punt 28 yards for a touchdown, and with another Covey TD pass, this one to AJ Frank, the T'Birds went into halftime with a 21-0 lead.
Covey threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Isaiah Holloway in the third quarter before his 96-yard run ended the scoring for the night.
The loss eliminated Wasatch (4-5 2-4), playing its final region game of the season, from playoff contention.
- High school sports: Preps of the week
- High school cross-country: American Fork and...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- Players with local ties set to make big...
- High school football: Late 2-point...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham forces 4...
- Prep baseball: Panguitch may have tough time...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 7
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- High school sports: Preps of the week 2
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 2
- Photo gallery: Lone Peak defeats Alta... 2
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1