Do you ever make a recipe and think, “Why don’t I make this more often?” That is always the case when I make my Fruity Yogurt Pancakes. They are so much better than plain pancakes, and I love the sweet “cake batter” flavor the yogurt adds to this dish.
When I was young and my dad wasn’t going to be home for dinner, my mother loved to make us a “breakfast dinner.” My dad was all about meat and potatoes, so having breakfast at night was a special treat. And because I am usually so harried in the morning, the thought of pulling out the mixing bowls and pans can often be too daunting. However, these light and sweet pancakes are great for any time of the day, and the protein-rich Greek yogurt gives it a flavor to love and what feels like a hearty meal.
I add blueberries, but just about any fresh fruit will work. Bananas, strawberries, even chopped mango is perfect.
Belle’s Fruity Yogurt Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix (the type that you only need to add water)
¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
½ cup blueberries
Using a whisk, mix the pancake mix and yogurt together in a medium bowl. Add one-quarter cup of water and mix well. Add small amounts of water until the mix is the consistency of thick cake batter. Gently fold in the fruit. Add about one-quarter cup of batter to a greased hot skillet. Cook until the batter on top is bubbled, turn and cook until pancake is set and browned.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I keep...
- The Clean Cut: Harry Potter, Star Wars and...
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your marriage?
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah delegation...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- The Clean Cut: Babies dress up as famous 'old...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 73
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I... 33
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 18
- Disney 'princess culture' may not be... 12
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 11
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 8
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your... 7