Do you ever make a recipe and think, “Why don’t I make this more often?” That is always the case when I make my Fruity Yogurt Pancakes. They are so much better than plain pancakes, and I love the sweet “cake batter” flavor the yogurt adds to this dish.
When I was young and my dad wasn’t going to be home for dinner, my mother loved to make us a “breakfast dinner.” My dad was all about meat and potatoes, so having breakfast at night was a special treat. And because I am usually so harried in the morning, the thought of pulling out the mixing bowls and pans can often be too daunting. However, these light and sweet pancakes are great for any time of the day, and the protein-rich Greek yogurt gives it a flavor to love and what feels like a hearty meal.
I add blueberries, but just about any fresh fruit will work. Bananas, strawberries, even chopped mango is perfect.
Belle’s Fruity Yogurt Pancakes
2 cups pancake mix (the type that you only need to add water)
¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
½ cup blueberries
Using a whisk, mix the pancake mix and yogurt together in a medium bowl. Add one-quarter cup of water and mix well. Add small amounts of water until the mix is the consistency of thick cake batter. Gently fold in the fruit. Add about one-quarter cup of batter to a greased hot skillet. Cook until the batter on top is bubbled, turn and cook until pancake is set and browned.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- This one thing can help predict the type and...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney... 2