Woman hit by two trains while fleeing police booked into jail
Davis County Jail
WOODS CROSS — A woman who was hit by two trains while she was trying to evade police in a car chase was booked into jail Wednesday.
Bonnie Jean Stroud, 29, was booked into Davis County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault, evading police, reckless driving, driving under the influence and driving without a license. She later posted bail.
Charges are being screened by the Davis County Attorney's Office.
Woods Cross police were responding to reports of an unwanted guest near 2300 South and Redwood Road on Sunday when they spotted Stroud's vehicle, which matched the description they had received, and attempted to stop her near 2600 South shortly after 8 a.m., detective Adam Osoro said.
Instead, Stroud sped off, slamming into the side of a southbound Union Pacific train near 1050 West. An officer's dashboard camera was recording as Woods Cross and North Salt Lake police officers attempted to get Stroud out of the vehicle. A second train headed the same direction hit the car and began pushing it down the tracks.
Once the train was stopped, emergency crews extricated Stroud from the mangled car and transported her to University of Utah Hospital, believing she had a broken arm, Osoro said. After doctors determined Stroud's injuries consisted only of cuts and bruises, she was released.
Initial toxicology reports indicated Stroud had alcohol in her system, though Osoro couldn't specify how much pending further results.
Osoro said Stroud had been at a friend's house Sunday morning and had been asked to leave but resisted. An argument had taken place, and Stroud allegedly assaulted two people, he said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13