For the final home game of the season, the Wyoming Cowboys come to town. Honestly, the Cowboys are extremely tough to gauge. Under head coach Dave Christensen, they have impressed some years and fallen flat in others. They even suffered a humiliating albeit somewhat bizarre loss to Texas State just a couple of weeks ago. Still, quarterback Brett Smith is the real deal, and he has more than 1,800 pass yards on the season with 15 touchdown tosses for an efficiency rating of 143.5. If USU's quarterback has found his groove by the end of the season, expect a shootout with the Pokes.
The task ahead for the Aggies to win out the rest of the season remains hard. But it's not implausible. If the defense steps up and the offense finds a decent rhythm, expect the Aggies to go bowling for the third year in a row.
They may be smelling poinsettias or harvesting potatoes depending on how it all goes down, though.
Sam McConkie is a technical and professional writing graduate from Utah State University. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27