One of the other big differences between Hulu Plus and its competitors, though, that could be a deciding factor is the presence of advertisements that periodically interrupt programming. The one exception is on the Hulu Kids page, an ad-free selection of family-friendly programming similar to Netflix's "Just for Kids" option. Unlike the other two services, though, Hulu Plus does not offer other forms of parental control for the regular selection of movies and TV series.
In a nutshell:
- The smallest archived content library
- Next-day viewing of current TV shows
- Access to hundreds of hard-to-find foreign and art house films
- A large selection of original content
- Streaming experience regularly interrupted by ads
- Hulu Kids
- No parental controls for regular viewing experience
Cost: $7.99 per month
A native of Utah Valley and a devoted cinephile, Jeff Peterson is currently studying humanities and history at BYU.
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Celebrities and their kids: Family is still...
- Salt Lake father-son team take first in 3rd...
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks before...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world, one...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 21
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 17
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 9
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families... 6
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4