One of the other big differences between Hulu Plus and its competitors, though, that could be a deciding factor is the presence of advertisements that periodically interrupt programming. The one exception is on the Hulu Kids page, an ad-free selection of family-friendly programming similar to Netflix's "Just for Kids" option. Unlike the other two services, though, Hulu Plus does not offer other forms of parental control for the regular selection of movies and TV series.
In a nutshell:
- The smallest archived content library
- Next-day viewing of current TV shows
- Access to hundreds of hard-to-find foreign and art house films
- A large selection of original content
- Streaming experience regularly interrupted by ads
- Hulu Kids
- No parental controls for regular viewing experience
Cost: $7.99 per month
A native of Utah Valley and a devoted cinephile, Jeff Peterson is currently studying humanities and history at BYU.
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Walmart, Kmart 'Layaway Angels' spreading...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- What you think of welfare program depends on...
- What you think of welfare program... 25
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Young adults are faced with risky... 14
- Little difference between PG-13 and... 13
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 11