DRAPER — A man died Thursday in an industrial accident at a meat-packing company, officials said.
Guillermo Camacho Borcequin, 52, was killed at 10:54 a.m. while operating machinery at Dale T. Smith and Sons Meat Packing Co., 12450 S. Pony Express Drive, according to Draper Police Sgt. Chad Carpenter.
Workers at the meat-packing company called police and said that a man had been "crushed by a tractor," Carpenter said.
Borcequin was driving a skid-steer loader behind the building.
"It appears that he was working a tractor with a bucket, and the bucket became stuck in a trailer and he was attempting to disengage or dislodge the bucket. As that occurred, he was crushed in between the tractor and the trailer," Carpenter said.
Police do not yet know whether Borcequin was alone at the time of his death. His death was likely accidental, police said.
"It's terrible. It's terrible for the company, for the family of the gentlemen, for the co-workers," Carpenter said.
Borcequin left behind a wife, four daughters and a grandchild. His family said they do not have money for funeral expenses.
"I don't even know what to do," niece Dulcia Martinez said.
Those wishing to donate can contact any local Wells Fargo branch and give to the "Guillermo Camacho" fund.
Police reports initially indicated the man's name was Camacho Guillermo Borcequin. His niece later corrected the name in an interview with Deseret News.
The Occupations Safety and Heath Administration, Draper Police Department and Utah Medical Examiner's Office are investigating Borcequin's death.
— Whitney Evans, Peter Samore
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Hikers brave cold and wind instead of Black...
- Olene Walker, Utah's first and only female...
- Citywide remodels home for family of teen...
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 8
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 7
- New barriers, other security measures... 5