Ravell Call, Deseret News
MORGAN — Flames engulfed a double tanker filled with diesel fuel after one of the tanks rolled over on I-84 Thursday.
The semitrailer was eastbound on the interstate about 7:55 a.m. when the rear tank tipped over near Morgan, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The driver sustained minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Firefighters responded and decided to let the fire, which blazed on both tankers, burn itself out, the UHP reported.
Police believe that the vehicle's speed may have contributed to the crash. Traffic was temporarily shut down in eastbound and westbound lanes.
— Whitney Evans
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 90
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18