Ravell Call, Deseret News
MORGAN — Flames engulfed a double tanker filled with diesel fuel after one of the tanks rolled over on I-84 Thursday.
The semitrailer was eastbound on the interstate about 7:55 a.m. when the rear tank tipped over near Morgan, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The driver sustained minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Firefighters responded and decided to let the fire, which blazed on both tankers, burn itself out, the UHP reported.
Police believe that the vehicle's speed may have contributed to the crash. Traffic was temporarily shut down in eastbound and westbound lanes.
— Whitney Evans
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17