Ravell Call, Deseret News
MORGAN — Flames engulfed a double tanker filled with diesel fuel after one of the tanks rolled over on I-84 Thursday.
The semitrailer was eastbound on the interstate about 7:55 a.m. when the rear tank tipped over near Morgan, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The driver sustained minor injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Firefighters responded and decided to let the fire, which blazed on both tankers, burn itself out, the UHP reported.
Police believe that the vehicle's speed may have contributed to the crash. Traffic was temporarily shut down in eastbound and westbound lanes.
— Whitney Evans
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 12