ST. GEORGE — Police believe speed and alcohol may be factors in a crash that killed a St. George woman Tuesday.
Just before 10:30 p.m., a vehicle traveling south on Red Cliffs Drive went off the road near Eagle Ridge Drive, hit a traffic pole, continued through a chain link fence and collided with a cement barricade, causing the car to roll several times, according to a statement from St. George police.
Whitney Kopenhefer, 21, of St. George, was pronounced dead at the scene. Johanna Crawford, 22, was taken to the hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening.
— Pat Reavy
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22