ST. GEORGE — Police believe speed and alcohol may be factors in a crash that killed a St. George woman Tuesday.
Just before 10:30 p.m., a vehicle traveling south on Red Cliffs Drive went off the road near Eagle Ridge Drive, hit a traffic pole, continued through a chain link fence and collided with a cement barricade, causing the car to roll several times, according to a statement from St. George police.
Whitney Kopenhefer, 21, of St. George, was pronounced dead at the scene. Johanna Crawford, 22, was taken to the hospital with injuries not considered to be life threatening.
— Pat Reavy
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11