SALT LAKE CITY — The city has announced a new program aimed at helping to fund projects that bring improvements and enhancements to neighborhoods.
The Community Improvement and Outreach Grant Program has been allocated $187,000 to fund grants for community nonprofits, neighborhood groups and neighborhood business districts.
Residents and local organizations can utilize the funds to implement projects in areas including public safety, recreation and education, sustainability, neighborhood improvements and neighborhood-school partnerships. Additional areas for use of funds are listed in the application.
Grants will be awarded in four categories.
Small neighborhood improvement grants offer $12,000 for grants to community organizations for smaller neighborhood projects with a maximum award of $2,000 each.
Large neighborhood improvement grants have $90,000 for grants to community organizations for larger neighborhood improvement projects with a maximum award of $10,000 each.
Community outreach grants offer $20,000 for grants to community organizations for community organizing or outreach efforts with a maximum award of $1,000 each.
Neighborhood matching grants allocate $65,000 for grants to community organizations for permanent physical improvement projects with a maximum award of $5,000 each.
All groups and people awarded money will be required to match the city’s contribution with a one-to-one match of in-kind volunteer labor valued at $18.19 per hour and/or a cash match.
Salt Lake City’s Housing & Neighborhood Development division will provide application training and answer questions at a public workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 5 p.m. in Room 126 of the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org 801-535-7712 by noon on Monday, Oct. 28.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Ex-Tabiona High coach admits to...
- Court lifts stay, but gives Utah chance to...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- Domestic violence reaches far beyond...
- South Salt Lake business owners complain of...
- Daylight saving time: Should it stay or...
- Woman forgives ex-boyfriend for shooting her,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 65
- Same-sex marriage advocates to deliver... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Rep. Chaffetz keeps Romney for... 42
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 37
- Court lifts stay, but gives Utah chance... 33
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 32
- Daylight saving time: Should it stay or... 31