SALT LAKE CITY — The city has announced a new program aimed at helping to fund projects that bring improvements and enhancements to neighborhoods.
The Community Improvement and Outreach Grant Program has been allocated $187,000 to fund grants for community nonprofits, neighborhood groups and neighborhood business districts.
Residents and local organizations can utilize the funds to implement projects in areas including public safety, recreation and education, sustainability, neighborhood improvements and neighborhood-school partnerships. Additional areas for use of funds are listed in the application.
Grants will be awarded in four categories.
Small neighborhood improvement grants offer $12,000 for grants to community organizations for smaller neighborhood projects with a maximum award of $2,000 each.
Large neighborhood improvement grants have $90,000 for grants to community organizations for larger neighborhood improvement projects with a maximum award of $10,000 each.
Community outreach grants offer $20,000 for grants to community organizations for community organizing or outreach efforts with a maximum award of $1,000 each.
Neighborhood matching grants allocate $65,000 for grants to community organizations for permanent physical improvement projects with a maximum award of $5,000 each.
All groups and people awarded money will be required to match the city’s contribution with a one-to-one match of in-kind volunteer labor valued at $18.19 per hour and/or a cash match.
Salt Lake City’s Housing & Neighborhood Development division will provide application training and answer questions at a public workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at 5 p.m. in Room 126 of the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State. RSVP to email@example.com 801-535-7712 by noon on Monday, Oct. 28.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Police break silence about controversial...
- Utah, Western states say feds are all wet on...
- Police chief of Myton charged with stalking 3...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 79
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 52
- Police break silence about... 45
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 22
- New definition of homeless would give... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 12