It's $634 million. That's the current price tag for Healthcare.gov, the official website for Obamacare, three years in the making, and it doesn't even work. Even with the help of "certified enrollment specialists," interested applicants can't sign up.
Meanwhile, numerous larger private-sector websites function almost seamlessly from the start in the hands of ordinary consumers. That some people actually think the government can run the health care system is frankly disturbing. It cannot. It will never work, and it would bankrupt the economy while jeopardizing people's health with incompetency and rationing.
The ineptitude of the government is not up for debate and is on display nowhere better than this debacle. The only competency currently being demonstrated in Washington is by conservatives who, acknowledging these realities and knowing the will of the vast majority of Americans, refuse to fund this massive impending disaster.
David R. Boettger, M.D.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32