Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City officials and families planted flowers in memory of victims of gun violence on Tuesday.
Mayor Ralph Becker, City Council Chairman Kyle LaMalfa, Police Chief Chris Burbank, Fire Chief Kurt Cook and community members gathered at the Public Safety Building to take part in the annual daffodil planting in support of YWCA’s Week Without Violence.
The daffodils honor gun violence victims and serve as symbols of hope for the community.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18