Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City officials and families planted flowers in memory of victims of gun violence on Tuesday.
Mayor Ralph Becker, City Council Chairman Kyle LaMalfa, Police Chief Chris Burbank, Fire Chief Kurt Cook and community members gathered at the Public Safety Building to take part in the annual daffodil planting in support of YWCA’s Week Without Violence.
The daffodils honor gun violence victims and serve as symbols of hope for the community.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15