Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City officials and families planted flowers in memory of victims of gun violence on Tuesday.
Mayor Ralph Becker, City Council Chairman Kyle LaMalfa, Police Chief Chris Burbank, Fire Chief Kurt Cook and community members gathered at the Public Safety Building to take part in the annual daffodil planting in support of YWCA’s Week Without Violence.
The daffodils honor gun violence victims and serve as symbols of hope for the community.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9