Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City officials and families planted flowers in memory of victims of gun violence on Tuesday.
Mayor Ralph Becker, City Council Chairman Kyle LaMalfa, Police Chief Chris Burbank, Fire Chief Kurt Cook and community members gathered at the Public Safety Building to take part in the annual daffodil planting in support of YWCA’s Week Without Violence.
The daffodils honor gun violence victims and serve as symbols of hope for the community.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- 8 injured in 3-car West Haven crash
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 29
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11