Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — City officials and families planted flowers in memory of victims of gun violence on Tuesday.
Mayor Ralph Becker, City Council Chairman Kyle LaMalfa, Police Chief Chris Burbank, Fire Chief Kurt Cook and community members gathered at the Public Safety Building to take part in the annual daffodil planting in support of YWCA’s Week Without Violence.
The daffodils honor gun violence victims and serve as symbols of hope for the community.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7