Tom Smart, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Granite School District has announced testing window dates for its Advanced Learner programs.
The time frames are through Dec. 13 for second through sixth grades and Jan. 8-March 7 for kindergarten and first grade.
It is not necessary to have a child tested each year. However, children who want to be considered for placement in a third-grade Advanced Learner cluster group must be tested in second grade.
Students in kindergarten through fifth grades who would like to be considered for the Advanced Learning Center programs at Fox Hills or Morningside elementary schools must participate in the assessments this year.
In addition, sixth-graders interested in taking gifted and talented classes in junior high must be tested. It is not necessary for sixth-graders registering for honors classes to be tested.
Parents who want their child to participate in Advanced Learner testing should notify their child’s school.
- Scientists work toward storing digital...
- The shift in the way society values kindergarten
- USU student named to state Board of Regents
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to...
- How to keep childcare employees from going...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- The shift in the way society values... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to... 2
- Scientists work toward storing digital... 1
- How to keep childcare employees from... 1
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's... 1
- Latino youths gain leadership... 1