Video: What Kyle Whittingham said to his players before, during and after Stanford
Have you ever wanted to hear what college football coaches say to their teams before, during and after a game? The University of Utah athletics department released a video of what Kyle Whittingham said to his players on Saturday night, before the team upset then-rated No. 5 Stanford.
Before the game:
"Man together, man together. One heartbeat, every man, every play, 60 minutes. Let’s go out there and get it done now. Let’s go slay us a giant. Family on three, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
"This is a 15-round heavyweight fight. We are coming out for round 8. We got to keep swinging until the bitter end. We’ve been here before. The difference this time is we finish this time. Like you mean it, like you mean it, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
After the game:
"That’s the way you finish a 15-round heavyweight fight. Just like that. Good job. Game ball goes to the entire team."
And there you have it. A glimpse of what coaches say to their players. I'm sure there is nothing more rewarding for coaches like Whittingham to see his team put it all together and give the Utes a special home victory like they did Saturday night.
Justin is a recent graduate of the University of Utah. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 79
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21
- 9 observations from the release of Utah... 14