Video: What Kyle Whittingham said to his players before, during and after Stanford
Have you ever wanted to hear what college football coaches say to their teams before, during and after a game? The University of Utah athletics department released a video of what Kyle Whittingham said to his players on Saturday night, before the team upset then-rated No. 5 Stanford.
Before the game:
"Man together, man together. One heartbeat, every man, every play, 60 minutes. Let’s go out there and get it done now. Let’s go slay us a giant. Family on three, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
"This is a 15-round heavyweight fight. We are coming out for round 8. We got to keep swinging until the bitter end. We’ve been here before. The difference this time is we finish this time. Like you mean it, like you mean it, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
After the game:
"That’s the way you finish a 15-round heavyweight fight. Just like that. Good job. Game ball goes to the entire team."
And there you have it. A glimpse of what coaches say to their players. I'm sure there is nothing more rewarding for coaches like Whittingham to see his team put it all together and give the Utes a special home victory like they did Saturday night.
Justin is a recent graduate of the University of Utah. Email: email@example.com
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 69
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14