Video: What Kyle Whittingham said to his players before, during and after Stanford
Have you ever wanted to hear what college football coaches say to their teams before, during and after a game? The University of Utah athletics department released a video of what Kyle Whittingham said to his players on Saturday night, before the team upset then-rated No. 5 Stanford.
Before the game:
"Man together, man together. One heartbeat, every man, every play, 60 minutes. Let’s go out there and get it done now. Let’s go slay us a giant. Family on three, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
"This is a 15-round heavyweight fight. We are coming out for round 8. We got to keep swinging until the bitter end. We’ve been here before. The difference this time is we finish this time. Like you mean it, like you mean it, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
After the game:
"That’s the way you finish a 15-round heavyweight fight. Just like that. Good job. Game ball goes to the entire team."
And there you have it. A glimpse of what coaches say to their players. I'm sure there is nothing more rewarding for coaches like Whittingham to see his team put it all together and give the Utes a special home victory like they did Saturday night.
Justin is a recent graduate of the University of Utah. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24