Video: What Kyle Whittingham said to his players before, during and after Stanford
Have you ever wanted to hear what college football coaches say to their teams before, during and after a game? The University of Utah athletics department released a video of what Kyle Whittingham said to his players on Saturday night, before the team upset then-rated No. 5 Stanford.
Before the game:
"Man together, man together. One heartbeat, every man, every play, 60 minutes. Let’s go out there and get it done now. Let’s go slay us a giant. Family on three, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
"This is a 15-round heavyweight fight. We are coming out for round 8. We got to keep swinging until the bitter end. We’ve been here before. The difference this time is we finish this time. Like you mean it, like you mean it, family on three 1 2 3 Family!"
After the game:
"That’s the way you finish a 15-round heavyweight fight. Just like that. Good job. Game ball goes to the entire team."
And there you have it. A glimpse of what coaches say to their players. I'm sure there is nothing more rewarding for coaches like Whittingham to see his team put it all together and give the Utes a special home victory like they did Saturday night.
Justin is a recent graduate of the University of Utah. Email: email@example.com
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20