SANDY — Three people are facing potential felony charges after a weekend vandalism spree.
Beginning about 9 p.m. Saturday, Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold said a group drove around the area of 10600 South between 100 East and 400 East and randomly shot out car and residential windows with a pellet gun.
"While we were at the house that had their window shot first, we got a call that someone else had their window shot out and they were now following the suspect vehicle. They gave us a license plate and vehicle description," Arnold said.
The vehicle was registered to an address in Draper. Draper police were able to find the vehicle later that night at the home.
Two 19-year-old men and an 18-year-old woman now face a potential felony criminal mischief and vandalism charges because of the amount of damage they caused, Arnold said. The teens were not arrested Saturday. Their case will now be reviewed by prosecutors for official charges.
Arnold said five vehicles and three residences in Sandy had their windows shot out. There were also reports of windows shot out in Draper that investigators believe can be linked to the trio.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12