Laura Seitz, Deseret News
MIDVALE — Canyons School District parents are invited to a suicide prevention seminar.
The free event is scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 23, 7-8 p.m. in the auditorium of Hillcrest High School, 7350 S. 900 East. The seminar also will be delivered in Spanish in AT 200.
The seminar will provide parents information about suicide prevention and child wellness resources, signs a loved one may be at risk, and tips on how to intervene and report concerns.
Utah has appointed statewide suicide prevention coordinators to work at the Utah Department of Human Services and the Utah State Office of Education. A new Utah law also requires secondary schools to implement suicide prevention programs, and local school boards to approve policies requiring parent notification of bullying and suicide threats.
The Canyons Board of Education approved the Reporting Student Safety Policy last month.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 35
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 35
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 15