Laura Seitz, Deseret News, photos by Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
More than 140 employers will be on hand to discuss job opportunities, and many employers are prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at www.jointservicessupport.org.
Two workshops will be held in connection with the job fair. One is a resume-writing and interviewing workshop from 10 a.m. to noon. The other is a business development seminar for veterans interested in starting their own businesses, from 9-11 a.m.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the University of Phoenix will sponsor the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition, Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8