Laura Seitz, Deseret News, photos by Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
More than 140 employers will be on hand to discuss job opportunities, and many employers are prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at www.jointservicessupport.org.
Two workshops will be held in connection with the job fair. One is a resume-writing and interviewing workshop from 10 a.m. to noon. The other is a business development seminar for veterans interested in starting their own businesses, from 9-11 a.m.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the University of Phoenix will sponsor the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition, Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22