Laura Seitz, Deseret News, photos by Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
More than 140 employers will be on hand to discuss job opportunities, and many employers are prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at www.jointservicessupport.org.
Two workshops will be held in connection with the job fair. One is a resume-writing and interviewing workshop from 10 a.m. to noon. The other is a business development seminar for veterans interested in starting their own businesses, from 9-11 a.m.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the University of Phoenix will sponsor the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition, Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- First prison relocation open house... 40
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11