Laura Seitz, Deseret News, photos by Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
More than 140 employers will be on hand to discuss job opportunities, and many employers are prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at www.jointservicessupport.org.
Two workshops will be held in connection with the job fair. One is a resume-writing and interviewing workshop from 10 a.m. to noon. The other is a business development seminar for veterans interested in starting their own businesses, from 9-11 a.m.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the University of Phoenix will sponsor the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition, Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12